Are you missing fireplace and chill in your everyday life? Would you like to get a timeout from the city sometimes? Then Studenterhytta is the perfect place for you! The cabin needs new board members and cabin group members.
Follow this link to apply to any position. The deadline is on September 5th.
Open positions at the board
Disclaimer: A lot of the communication related to the work on the Board is in Norwegian and we wish that all applicants can speak and understand Norwegian. We can however make exceptions for particularly motivated applicants. If you feel like this applies to you please feel free to apply (you can read more on the Norwegian page).
The cabin group
The Student Cabin needs volunteers in a Cabin Group, who are a part of the daily operations of the Cabin. As a part of the Cabin Group, you are able to use the Cabin privately when it’s not occupied, and get discounts on food and beverages. There are five different positions, and we need volunteers in four of the groups.
- Sous chef: Do you want to build up the operations of a kitchen from scratch? The Student Cabin needs committed sous chefs for our newly started volunteer kitchen! As a sous chef, you will do everything from designing the menu to making procedures for cleaning and ordering food and equipment. You will work closely with the Kitchen Chief and the other sous chefs. The position comes with liberty, and we have plenty of plans for the semester, both in the kitchen and socially! No previous experience is needed, but a passion for food is very positive.
- The Chef group: Are you tired of eating frozen pizza for dinner and want to learn more about cooking? Or maybe you already have a lot of knowledge, and want to show your cooking abilities to the students in the city? Then you should apply to be a chef at the Student Cabin! You will have the opportunity to help the Kitchen Chief in preparation and designing of the Cabins menu, both for the daily operation and larger events. No previous experience is needed, only interest for food, kitchen and a wish to create good food experiences for the guests at the Cabin.
- The Event group: The event group is the hosts at the Cabins open weekends and bookings, and plans the Cabins own and intern events. We want input on upcoming events and are looking for creative and efficient people who want to be a part of this. It is expected that you work 3-4 shifts per month, both weekends and weekdays.
- The Bar group: The bar group man the bar during bookings, ordinary openings and other events. You will learn the rules and routines when it comes to serving alcohol, including how the register and tapping system works. You will also help hosting during opening days if needed. It is expected that you work 3-4 shifts per month, both weekends and weekdays.
- The Maintenance group: Are you handy and like to fix things? The Maintenance group have the responsability to repair things that need a fix and plan and execute building projects at the cabin. You do not need any experience with a hammer from before, but you should be solution oriented, self driven, and creative. The maintenance group has a work meeting once every second week in addition to some regular shifts on the opan days at the cabin.
- The Accountance group: This group is the cahier’s right hand and will get training and responsabilities with the field of the Cabin’s accounts. This group consists of 2 people. Due to the nature of the tasks, you need to be a Norwegian speaker to have this position at the Cabin.
No previous experience is needed in any of the positions. We will do interviews for every position.
Follow this link to apply!
Like us on Facebook for more information, or contact us on e-mail or messenger if you have any questions.
Application deadline 05.09.2021!